Goals of the Arizona Farmers, Growers and Producers Association
and the AZ Community Farmers Market Group include:
- Support of local growers and producers in the State of Arizona, which means support for those who "get their
hands in the dirt", or “do it themselves” (Direct Producers)
- Support for sustainable farming, including the use of organic compost and natural fertilizers -- free of chemicals, pesticides, hormones and antibiotic supplements.
- Support for those who add value to local growers crops, such as baked goods using local grains, honey produced
by Arizona beekeepers, dried flower arrangements made by flower growers;
- Support for local cottage industries & crafts
- Education of growers, producers, and the public in matters related to these purposes.
"Direct Producers" Looking to grow Your business?
Participants in the “Community” markets are required to be direct producers, family members or agents of the producers. Generally the producers are small local growers or farmers. The typical farming method is pesticide free or organic. Farm size ranges from large backyard to a few hundred acres. Other participants are direct producers of food items, and in some markets, arts & crafts are available for purchase. We are always open to new vender growers, food producers, and directly produced crafts.
Call 623-848-1234 for Market information
Dee Logan, Founder Manager
Farmers Market Support Services,
P O Box 14188
Phoenix AZ 85063-4188
Phone: (623) 848-1234
Carissa Gould, Public Relations